Happy Sunday everyone!
If you consider yourself a well-seasoned Mom as I do, you have to give thanks to all the little things that help you get through the day. Life can be filled with uncertainty but if you arm yourself with ways to rouse your inner calm your day will end with a smile…trust me!
Now, if you’re a pill popper you need to listen up, there are better ways to take the edge off! I highly recommend all of them, with the exception of my daughter, she’s mine!
Today I give thanks to…
- My Daughter was born a natural giver. She has a strong voice already! I have no doubt I will hear her roar many times along her path into Womanhood and help where she sees the opportunity! She doesn’t hesitate to jump in and lend a hand! She is heading towards being a strong, self-sufficient, independent young woman!
- Malbec…my little Red full-bodied friend that has been known to take the edge off from time to time. I am not talking about putting on your wine-goggles with the girls, I mean a 6oz glass of la-la juice prescribed by Dr.Chaos! I don’t condone drinking by yourself EVERY night but they do say Red Wine is good for you…in more ways than one! I’m still not completely on board with this ‘drinking alone thing‘ but I’m willing to give it a try! 😉
- Music is my favourite way to escaping the chaos that comes with being a Mom! Give my ears a sexy deep male voice strumming an acoustic guitar and I can tune out whatever you ask me to! Hell, a bomb could go off in the next room and I’d still be in bliss! Music soothes my soul and has helped me off the edge more than once! Sing to me Romeo!
Calgon Dish Soap~’Calgon take me away’…ya no, didn’t work for me! False advertising for sure…and one more thing, the Mom who smiles and thinks it’s no big deal as the dog covered in mud runs through her kitchen leaving a frickin mess everywhere is on drugs just FYI! No Mom would stand for that unless she was!
~ insert deep breath here ~
- Meditation however you choose to do it, a run, reading, traditional style, motorcycle ride, yoga or sitting in silence. Being peaceful is so important but hard to do as a Mom with a never-ending ‘to-do’ list floating around her head! Turn it off and just be. You deserve time!
- Rescue Remedy…“no really…it’s just flowers” says the hippy chick who wishes she lived in the 60’s where there was nothing but free love ~ (no seriously every Mom I know has a bottle in her purse) It works and comes in drops or spray…smooths the jagged edge of life restoring your inner calm! ssssquirt…ahhhhh…that’s better, shall we carry on!
- Candles & Bubbles…add a Magnum of Vino Rosa and that naked sexy man with the deep voice whose strumming his guitar in your imagination and Voila…what kids? Life in the moment has arrived! You’re allowed to say to your offspring “don’t bother me unless you’re bleeding” in this situation!
- Happiness is just a Vibe Away! (Insert a wink & giggle here!) Yes, this is what you think! 😉
So go crack that bottle of Red, take your imagination off stand-by and ask the man you sleep next to or the dude you wish you did to run you a hot steamy fragrant bubble bath, turn on some tunes, lock the door behind you and relax! You will be thankful you did!
What helps you get through the day?
When I originally saw this picture on Facebook I had to share it with all my friends because I loved the quote. I googled The African Yoga Project, which I wrote about yesterday on our Sunday Svaha Spirit Series if you want to be inspired! I have always wanted to join a Yoga class but never seem to find the time, now I plan on making the time because of this project!
Inner Peace and Well-being are what we all strive for, isn’t it? No matter where you live or what you do, race, religion, gender, marital status, we could all benefit from being balanced internally! From within is where our lives are guided…in my opinion.
“What is your gift and are you giving it away?” Everyday we have opportunities to share what we have with those around us. Giving ~ we ‘have’ to give, it’s contagious and changes the energy that surrounds not only the one who gives but the one who receives as well. It creates a ripple effect, an energy that radiates good feelings. I am not just referring to the giving of material items.
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” Your gift is as unique as you are. An Artist for example has the gift of creativity, he is able to use his imagination or simply recreate what his eyes see before him. A writers strings the perfect combination of words together that can inspire, captivate, seduce, provoke thought, create change or simply allow us to get lost for a moment in time. A Doctor gives the gift of life or helps us understand when it’s taken away. The Elderly give the gift of life experience to younger generations. Children give the gift of pure naivety we all love and miss as we mature. Each of us is born into this world with a gift worthy of giving, whether it be a story, life experience, support, advice, opinion, love or a simple hug.
Give a smile. Touch someones heart with a kind gesture. Compliment a stranger and see what happens. Encourage someone who appears to be struggling. A few kind words has a way of giving someone the inspiration to go the distance when they didn’t think they could. Giving ones self is so easy and basic.
When you feel balanced internally life flows more naturally. Inner peace and well being starts from within, sometimes it can’t be seen but it can be felt by those around you by the energy you radiate. Yoga is a great start in the right direction!
Lead the Change!
I love finding inspirational photographs & videos that are links to great projects! I found The Africa Yoga Project and was inspired. The Vision and Mission of the project uses the transformative power of yoga to empower communities and change lives. Peace, Love and Unity! How beautiful is that!
One of my favourite quotes is “Be the change you want to see in the world” Mahatma Gandhi ~
Yoga for Unity Flash Mop with special guest Baron Baptiste who is an International teacher and author as well as the Co-Creator of The African Yoga Project!
‘We want peace’ by Emmanuel Jal is the fantastic song you listened to!