If you consider yourself a well-seasoned Mom as I do, you have to give thanks to all the little things that help you get through the day. Life can be filled with uncertainty but if you arm yourself with ways to rouse your inner calm your day will end with a smile…trust me!
Now, if you’re a pill popper you need to listen up, there are better ways to take the edge off! I highly recommend all of them, with the exception of my daughter, she’s mine!
Today I give thanks to…
- My Daughter was born a natural giver. She has a strong voice already! I have no doubt I will hear her roar many times along her path into Womanhood and help where she sees the opportunity! She doesn’t hesitate to jump in and lend a hand! She is heading towards being a strong, self-sufficient, independent young woman!
- Malbec…my little Red full-bodied friend that has been known to take the edge off from time to time. I am not talking about putting on your wine-goggles with the girls, I mean a 6oz glass of la-la juice prescribed by Dr.Chaos! I don’t condone drinking by yourself EVERY night but they do say Red Wine is good for you…in more ways than one! I’m still not completely on board with this ‘drinking alone thing‘ but I’m willing to give it a try! 😉
- Music is my favourite way to escaping the chaos that comes with being a Mom! Give my ears a sexy deep male voice strumming an acoustic guitar and I can tune out whatever you ask me to! Hell, a bomb could go off in the next room and I’d still be in bliss! Music soothes my soul and has helped me off the edge more than once! Sing to me Romeo!
Calgon Dish Soap~’Calgon take me away’…ya no, didn’t work for me! False advertising for sure…and one more thing, the Mom who smiles and thinks it’s no big deal as the dog covered in mud runs through her kitchen leaving a frickin mess everywhere is on drugs just FYI! No Mom would stand for that unless she was!
~ insert deep breath here ~
- Meditation however you choose to do it, a run, reading, traditional style, motorcycle ride, yoga or sitting in silence. Being peaceful is so important but hard to do as a Mom with a never-ending ‘to-do’ list floating around her head! Turn it off and just be. You deserve time!
- Rescue Remedy…“no really…it’s just flowers” says the hippy chick who wishes she lived in the 60’s where there was nothing but free love ~ (no seriously every Mom I know has a bottle in her purse) It works and comes in drops or spray…smooths the jagged edge of life restoring your inner calm! ssssquirt…ahhhhh…that’s better, shall we carry on!
- Candles & Bubbles…add a Magnum of Vino Rosa and that naked sexy man with the deep voice whose strumming his guitar in your imagination and Voila…what kids? Life in the moment has arrived! You’re allowed to say to your offspring “don’t bother me unless you’re bleeding” in this situation!
- Happiness is just a Vibe Away! (Insert a wink & giggle here!) Yes, this is what you think! 😉
So go crack that bottle of Red, take your imagination off stand-by and ask the man you sleep next to or the dude you wish you did to run you a hot steamy fragrant bubble bath, turn on some tunes, lock the door behind you and relax! You will be thankful you did!
What helps you get through the day?