Ok, listen up ladies. This is serious. Please, please, please look after yourselves. It’s the same idea as the put-your-oxygen-mask-on-first rule. You have to look after yourself first in order to look after everyone else, so come on, learn the signs of a heart attack (still the number one killer of women) and then take them seriously. The following video is a very funny but spot-on look at a woman having a heart attack. Funny? I know… but it gets the point across using humour and perhaps the signs will stick in our minds better because of it. Also, I think Elizabeth Banks is great!
Taken directly from the Go Red For Women website:
Signs of a Heart Attack:
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
- As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.
If you have any of these signs, don’t wait more than five minutes before calling for help. Call 9-1-1…Get to a hospital right away.
Check out the site for great tips, stories and support.